As a preventative measure to decrease risk associated with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company has suspended in-person Dance for Parkinson’s classes until further notice. Dance for Parkinson’s weekly remote classes are coming this fall. Click here to read the full announcement.
Please join us for our remote Zoom 10-week Fall 2020 Sessionoffered Mondays 1:30 - 2:30 pm October 19th - December 21st
Ruth Davidson Hahn, professional teacher, choreographer, dancer and a Stanley J. Wertheimer Fellow specially trained in the Dance for PD® method
Zoom – We will be teaching you in your homes from Nebraska Ballet Theatre & School
2620 O St. (map)
Mondays, 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
October 19th – December 21st
Suggested Donation – $50 for 10-week session or $6 per individual class (there is no class fee, all amounts are a suggested donation, or pay what you can)
Your tax deductible contributions are needed to help us continue our very special work with the Dance for Parkinson’s Outreach Program
Donate By Mail:
Please include your name, address and email address when mailing your donation. Please mail your donations in the form of a check or money order made out to Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company to:
Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company
P.O. Box 83672
Lincoln, NE 68501
Why Dance for PD®?
- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation.
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement.
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.
DANCE FOR PD is a Registered Service Mark of Mark Morris Dance Group and Brooklyn Parkinson Group
Dance for PD® class Photo by Johan Henckens/MMDG